Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Mexican Drug Trafficking in Texas
Drugs we all know of them, and most of my generation has experienced some kind form of them. I don't have to tell you the effects that drugs have on you, or what they can do to you. I can tell you that growing up in Texas, the opportunity of knowing someone who knows someone, who can get you what you want is in your favor. Why is that? Well Texas is on the border of Mexico. The U.S alone shares 2000 miles of border with Mexico, of which 1254 miles of Texas. That is a significant chunk, which makes Texas a heavy location more so then Californa. As a Former Marine who served in two combat deployments in Iraq. I can relate very much so to the job of working a border. On my second deployment I was located 60 kilometers away from Iran, and 135 Kilometers away from Kuwait. It was a very difficult job and there was times where it just seemed impossibible to stop everything. I quickly changed my attitude when I realized if we didn't stop everything or die trying that we as americans were puttin our fellow comrads in more danger and leaving it to someone else to do my job which usally is to late. Drug Trafficking in Mexico is bad and needs to be looked at very hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment